Page 1 of 74 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 News

Coop DeVille Elite SCFTW'er Cooper "s"'s Avatar

F1 News

So with less than 2 months for the start of the new season. New thread.

I am exited... I hope things are shaken up a bit. I hope teams are allowed to develop engines and not play second tier to Mercedes because of development restrictions.
    The back end of this car, it's like an upskirt shot. -Porscheboy

Valtteri Bottas Signs with Merc

He will replace Rosberg who left.

Massa then Un-retired his ass after only 2 months, and is back at Williams.

Hahaha, they're still paying Massa, huh?
    I wonder how rattle that golf really is? - Coop

918MtnDew Elite SCFTW'er S-Tune's Avatar
    F1 2017 cars could be 40 kph faster in corners, claims FIA

Quote Originally Posted by Motor1.com
    Formula 1's new generation of cars will be up to 25 mph (40 kph) faster through some corners, according to the latest simulation data provided by the FIA.

A rules revamp for this season has prompted a dramatic overhaul of the regulations with wider tyres, wider cars and bigger wings expected to deliver a lap time improvement of five seconds compared to 2015.

The big step forward in pace will have safety implications, which is why Australian Grand Prix organisers have had to make a number of changes to their barriers ahead of this year's season-opener.

F1 deputy race director Laurent Mekies thinks that most venues this year will need to make some adjustments judging by what FIA simulations of 2017 performance are saying.

"Every single team has been asked to provide simulations for their 2017 cars," he explained at the Autosport International Show. "We used these simulations to feed our simulation software.

"We therefore simulated every single track with the 2017 car, so there is much higher cornering speed. It's up to 40 km/h faster in high-speed corners.

"Every single track is receiving from the FIA a request to upgrade based on that. That process is ongoing; we are doing it in the order of the championship to be perfectly honest.

"Therefore, not all the tracks have received it yet, but they will. Melbourne is okay."

Additional reporting by Benjamin Vinel
    Source: Motorsport.com Motorsport.com

Slow Car Fan Elite SCFTW'er VTEC_Dreams's Avatar
    McLaren Honda 2017 FTMFW!!!!!!!
    Anyhow...

Senior Member Elite SCFTW'er chamojb's Avatar
    Lots of moves, Williams will have a 19 year old with a billionaire dad racing. Some say he is good others say he paid a lot of money to get him a seat.

Honda announced a complete new design of their engine, hopefully it works out and is reliable.

We need thigns to shake up and not have Mercedes dominate every freaking race.

Mercedes-Benz FTW!
    I wonder how rattle that golf really is? - Coop

Technical Guru
    Manor are looking for a last minute buyer to survive 2017. Apparently they asked the FIA to use their 2016 car for the first 3 races, but I'm not sure what the go is there.

Sauber have reportedly not renewed their Ferrari engine contract for 2018. They will be using 2016 spec Ferrari engines in 2017, citing the aerodynamic regulation changes as the drive to pay more attention to the chassis and aero design. They importantly recieved new investors in 2016, but I would think budget constraints have lead to the team chosing chassis over engine costs.

Renault as seen their Team Prinipal Fred Vassuer leave the team, which was a surprise to new signing Nico Hulkenberg.

Haas have been fairly quiet of late. Kavin Magnussen has been seen decked out in Haas gear.

McLaren have lossed Ron Dennis, and CEO Zak Brown seems like a breath of fresh air. Hints are that the livery for 2017 will be quite a change to recent years, with some suggestions there will be more papaya orange this year.

Williams are fairly covered. Bottas has taken up a spot in Mercedes, and Massa has taken his spot to come out of (short term) retirement. Lance Stroll is apparently doing some runs at Sepang using a 2015l4 Williams FW36, completing several race distances.

STR have been pretty darn quiet, keeping their heads down.

Sahara Force India have also been fairly quiet as well. Esteban Ocon got a new Mercedes.

Ferrari have also been a bit quiet. They've done some promo stuff. Some renderings have surfaced of a 'best guess' design.

Red Bull have been getting up to antics with Ricciardo and Verstappen.

Mercedes have replaced the retiring Rosberg with Bottas, and have already started showing him off with the number on the car. Still the favourite for the year.

This has been an extremely quiet off season.

I am excited thought.... its like a whole new era of cars.

Senior Member Elite SCFTW'er Tom K's Avatar
    If Red Bull returns to being the team to beat, which one of their drivers do you guys reckon will be most likely to win the championship?