Page 239 of 239 FirstFirst ... 139189229234235236237238239
Results 2,381 to 2,389 of 2389
    Senior Member Elite SCFTW'er Tom K's Avatar

And the nominees for this year's Academy Award for Best Visual Effects are...

You can't cancel a bunch of deeply impassioned neckbeards' CGI wifu and not expect some sort of reaction. Dozens of us (dozens!) have banded together to pay for a plane to fly an Alita banner over the red carpet at the Academy Awards for three hours.

The funds raised by the Alita Army for this little stunt has already smashed the target amount four times over. All the money beyond the cost of the plane and the banner goes toward funding bionic prosthetics for amputees through Open Bionics.

Finished the final season of BoJack Horseman, and while it's still my favorite series of all time, it does unfortunately have one terrible black mark against it - the penultimate episode should've been the last!

It's fine though... I guess. Ex Machina is my favorite movie, but I have to pretend the last two minutes didn't happen. It's frustrating at first, but years down the road it becomes a quirk that gives the movie character.

918MtnDew Elite SCFTW'er S-Tune's Avatar

918MtnDew Elite SCFTW'er S-Tune's Avatar
    Sonic the hedgehog movie was awesome !

Watched Joker last night. I thought it was an exceptional depiction of a man's descent into madness and a very relevant social commentary on class inequality and mental health treatment. I don't get the controversy.

Gone N' Back Elite SCFTW'er mexMan's Avatar
    Wait, is it controversial?

It was critiziced for being too sympathetic towards Authur's character, and it appeals to a certain demographic of disenfranchised young males who identified with the character, which is why Homeland Security warned law enforcement about possible mass shootings at the movie's opening night.

Gone N' Back Elite SCFTW'er mexMan's Avatar
    The Godfather II might be the best one, Michael's slow descent into that power fueled madness, each scene become more and more dead eyed, and right in the end, it foresights into what's going to eventually become the loneliest man in the world. Also, seeing Don's backstory, those scenes are beautiful.